IFF Research Working Group
The Feldenkrais Method changes lives for the better. To date we have insufficient scientific evidence for how this happens. Legitimacy requires evidence from high quality scientific research. Under the auspices of the IFF we have established a Research Working group to address this lack of scientific evidence.
Who We Are
The IFF Research Working Group consists of a group of Feldenkrais practitioners and trainers with diverse research backgrounds. We are committed to supporting and promoting scientific knowledge in relation with the Feldenkrais Method.
The goals of the IFF Research Working Group are to:
- Promote research into the Feldenkrais Method
- Encourage the engagement of the Feldenkrais professional community with academic research
- Coordinate a network of Feldenkrais practitioners who are interested in the scientific understanding of what they do
- Encourage academic researchers to study how the Method is efficacious
- Gain recognition that the Feldenkrais Method offers models for exploration and research in academic disciplines concerned with the human experience of learning and development.
- Support both outcomes-oriented research and basic research into mechanisms of action of the Feldenkrais Method.
We strive to:
- Create an active and globally operating networking forum to support research in the Feldenkrais Method with online and live events
- Facilitate meetings and exchange, research cooperation and fundraising
- Support participation in scientific conferences
- Enable publication on research with and at the Feldenkrais Method and further training for Feldenkrais teachers on scientific topics.
More Information: https://sites.google.com/feldenkrais-method.org/researchgroup